JOB SEGMENT: Subsea and Pipelines Engineering
LOCATION: Houston, TX, US
The Deepwater Riser & Flowline Engineer is responsible for risers and flowlines scope in large Upstream Oil and Gas projects. The initial work assignment will be determined and customized based on upstream production unit, project or central engineering team scope and general needs. The Deepwater Riser & Flowline Engineer can be assigned to a project during early phases of the project starting with front end engineering and tender documentation preparation, and continue through detailed engineering, procurement, construction, systems completion and start-up. The Deepwater Riser & Flowline project engineer is responsible for leading risers and flowline workflows throughout the project, including oversight, mentoring, and development of company and contract support resources. General interest activity in the upstream centralized engineering organization may also be expected, including technology development, vendor engagement, industry participation, workflow development, global production unit support, riser and/or flowline integrity management programming. Longer term, the Deepwater Riser & Flowline Engineer will be given opportunity to broaden technical, business, influence and leadership skills based on interest, business need, and performance.
JOB ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversight and stewardship of all riser and flowline project stages including front end engineering, detail design deliverables, long lead equipment procurement, and offshore installation
• Responsible for leading deepwater riser and flowline project design with technical reviews of deliverables, modeling validation, risk assessments, HAZIDs and coordinate contractors
• Responsible for providing expert advising to production units with real time modeling analysis, troubleshooting, planning, cold eyes reviews, gate reviews, and design activity
• Responsible for assisting with vendor validation, new technology qualification, development of design specifications and fit-for-purpose workflows
• Bachelors or Masters of Science with a Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Ocean/Naval or Materials Engineering (or related discipline)
• At least 3 years of experience in riser and/or flowline engineering design, fabrication and/or installation activities for upstream oil and gas projects
• Interest in global relocation and geographic flexibility
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent changes in priorities
• Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Established analytical modeling skills in riser and/or flowline technical analyses
• Broad knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and design codes for riser and flowline system design
• Familiar with deepwater riser and flowline qualification, fabrication, welding/inspection, and installation methods
• Familiar with deepwater risers and flowlines including risers types, hangoff systems, flowline terminations, jumpers, and pipeline on-botton stability, and lateral buckling/walking mitigation alternatives
• Familiar with scenario based risk assessments and HAZIDs
EXXONMOBIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY STATUS.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly